The Election Process is the foundation of our government. You are able participate in shaping the future of our country by registering to vote.
You are eligible to register to vote if you are:
- A United States citizen
- A resident of Contra Costa County
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day
- Not in prison, or on parole, serving state prison sentence in a county jail, or serving sentence for a felony
- Not found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
Register to Vote
To register, select the “Register to Vote” button to connect directly with the online application on the California Secretary of State’s website. You can even request to become a Vote by Mail voter with the same form.
Other Ways to Register to Vote
You may obtain a form to register to vote at the following locations:
- County Elections Office
- Public Libraries
- Post Offices
- California Department of Motor Vehicles
Update Your Registration
You need to update your registration if:
- You moved to a new residence.
- You changed your name.
- You wish to change your political party choice.
You can use the same voter registration form on the Secretary of State’s website. Just be sure to select that you are updating your registration status and complete the necessary information.