Thank you to the Contra Costa County Registrar of Voters/Elections Office for many of the questions and answers provided here.
General Registration Questions
Military and Overseas
Still Have Questions?
Becoming a Vote By Mail Voter (VBM)
Questions About my Vote By Mail Ballot
Returning my Vote By Mail Ballot
Accessibility and Language Assistance
- You have the right to cast a ballot if you are a valid registered voter.
- You have the right to cast a provisional ballot if your name is not listed on the voting rolls.
- You have the right to cast a ballot if you are present and in line at the polling place prior to the close of the polls.
- You have the right to cast a secret ballot free from intimidation.
- You have the right to receive a new ballot if, prior to casting your ballot, you believe you made a mistake.
- You have the right to receive assistance in casting your ballot, if you are unable to vote without assistance.
- You have the right to return a completed vote-by-mail ballot to any precinct in the county.
- You have the right to election materials in another language, if there are sufficient residents in your precinct to warrant production.
- You have the right to ask questions about election procedures and to observe the elections process.
- You have the right to report any illegal or fraudulent activity to a local elections official or to the Secretary of State’s Office.
If you believe you have been denied any of these rights, or if you are aware of any elections fraud or misconduct, please call the Contra Costa Elections Office at (925) 335-7800 or call the toll free number 1-877-335-7802